Saturday, November 26, 2011

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow airport..."

Silhouette Girl personal style fashion blog London autumn
Coat - ModCloth, top - Monki, skirt - Monki, leggings - Forever 21, shoes - Topshop

These were taken last Monday... I'm feeling a bit under the weather now. I wore this to the airport to meet my friends and family! The reunion was so nice; I didn't expect they would already be waiting by the time I arrived, but I spotted the group and my brother saw me. My friend Lauren ran to hug me, then I dashed over to the rest of the group, almost slipping on the airport's smooth floor.

Silhouette Girl personal style fashion blog London autumn
Silhouette Girl personal style fashion blog London autumn

I do enjoy London in many ways, but the visit made me realize how excited I am to return home, especially in time for the holidays. Seeing these people makes me want nothing more than to be in my house, cuddled beneath a blanket with my cat on my lap, eating edamame and watching a movie with my sister. It is bittersweet that I will be in the air twenty one days from now, en route to Philadelphia... but it's becoming increasingly sweeter.

My aunt and my friend Christian (who took these photos) are still in town, so I shall spend time with them over the next two days. It's nice having companions in London, which can often feel quite impersonal.

xox Catherine

Follow Silhouette Girl

4 comments:

  1. Great outfit! I really like the colors.
    Also, I'm really glad your family was able to come and visit you : ) I didn't realize you were from Philadelphia! That's where I blog from as well and I love it. But enjoy your time in London! It will be gone before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a great jacket, the whole color combo is adorable!

    imsaratee.blogspot.com
    100 Follower Dior Mascara Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so awesome your family got to see you in London! What a nice thing really :) and don't worry about going back to Philly, I mean I bet you had a great time in London :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! The skirt is a fantastic color and I love the pockets on the front of it. Your reunion sounds like it was great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my blog, it always puts a smile on my face!