Monday, November 28, 2011

To Give Thanks

Silhouette Girl personal style fashion blog London autumn
Coat - ModCloth, necklace - antique, sweater - 3.1 Philip Lim, skirt - Missoni for Target, leggings - Forever 21, shoes - Topshop

I wore this last Thursday, during the American holiday of Thanksgiving. I ran a few errands with Christian before heading out to dinner, at which point I switched these shoes for my Rachel Comey booties. I probably would have celebrated by making some stuffed squash and baked goods if I didn't have visitors, but of course, I did, so naturally we went to an Asian-fusion restaurant called Spice Market (owned by world-famous chef Jean-Georges). I had been to the New York branch as had my aunt, but I was incredibly excited to share it with my family. Since vegan food can be hard to come by in many classically British restaurants (and even those in the States...), this was an excellent compromise for everyone.

Silhouette Girl personal style fashion blog London autumn

We left the restaurant entirely stuffed, though not from our ordinary American Thanksgiving fare. I'm still in a state of disbelief that I am so fortunate to have been able to spend this holiday with my family, and similarly that the week flew by and everyone is back in the States at this point. Even more shocking is that I've less than three weeks left here in good old London Town.

Silhouette Girl personal style fashion blog London autumn
Silhouette Girl personal style fashion blog London autumn

I would like to note that I am still feeling quite ill, and when I'm sick there's nothing I enjoy more than cuddling with my cat. My mind is already home.

xox Catherine

Follow Silhouette Girl

2 comments:

  1. love that skirt, looks fabulous xxx

    www.southmoltonststyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt has such fun colors. How cute! It's nice you got to spend Thanksgiving with your family even though you're out of the country.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my blog, it always puts a smile on my face!