Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What Am I Wearing?




Cropped blazer - H&M, tshirt - Pacsun, jeans - Pacsun, boots - Cutesygirl.

By asking what am I wearing, I obviously do not mean I have no idea what I'm wearing. But I just don't know where my love of colors has gone. True, most of the colorful items I used to wear are bad, cheaply made typical tshirts and what not, but I haven't bought anything colorful in ages. It makes me sad. The only color I usually buy is blue, but I wear it so often that it has almost become categorized as one of my "non-colors." I want reds, greens, browns, purples... anything! But I haven't been shopping in ages and I'm saving up for a camera so it's out of the question.

I plan on buying fabric and making some of my own clothes. I have a few patterns, including one for a fairly basic tank top. I just need to either find a fabric store that sells light weight jersey or buy it online, which I need money for. Agggh.

And I have a non-clothing related dilema: for the past two summers (and last spring), I've taken art classes at this college in the city. It's a fun experience because I love doing artistic things and I very much enjoy being in the city, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to sacrifice my summer despite the fact it is the only reason I bothered leaving my house during those summers. I'm really hoping I'll have a job, so I suppose that would give me something to do (little fact about me: when I'm bored, I go crazy), but I still don't know which class I'd take. As I mentioned, I'm trying to save up for a camera and there's a digital photo class being offered as a weekly class (instead of Mondays-Thursdays from 1-4pm for five weeks, it would be 9am-4pm every day over one week), but that's conditional because first I'd have to actually get a camera (Nikon D40 is what I'm aiming for). I still have time to worry about this and get it figured out, so I have no idea why I'm worrying, but it's something I'd have to save up for.

But today was a good day, I haven't let anything get me down and my thoughts are so far from negative. I hope you (whoever you are) had a great day too, you deserve it! Sorry, I'm just still inspired from a speaker who came to my school today...

1 comment:

  1. hi! cool blog - i'll keep watching to see how it grows!
    i went through a colorless clothing faze too. i only wore black (i wasn't goth or anything, i just didn't feel like wearing color). now i have a ton of black clothes...
    wow, those are a lot of goals for summer! it all seems circular too..need to get a job to get a camera to get an art class. just some thoughts: since you taken the art classes in the past, maybe you could try and find a job this summer, and set aside some money for a camera. sorry, im probably not helping that much...
    well, see you 'round! :)

    xx Pansieberry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my blog, it always puts a smile on my face!