Monday, June 4, 2012

Everyday would be a holiday from real

Silhouette Girl personal style college fashion blog Philadelphia Venice California Cardigan - Target, dress - H&M, cuff - antique, shoes - Keds, bag - Lulu's

I wore this on my second to last day in Los Angeles, during which I ended up doing one of the stereotypical bus tours. I generally hate acting like a tourist, but I figured it was my only opportunity to actually see Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc. because neither of my travel companions cared to do so. After a long day of sightseeing I headed back to Venice, where I came across a parking lot full of food trucks... which was the obvious choice for dinner, given my companions' and my varying tastes and dietary habits. I had an interesting - in a good way - veggie sushi burrito, which was essentially a big sushi roll wrapped in rice paper. For dessert, Sweet E's Bakeshop was offering miniature vegan chocolate cupcakes with the best, fudgiest icing ever. It gives me something to aspire to in the realm of baking!

Silhouette Girl personal style college fashion blog Philadelphia Venice California Silhouette Girl personal style college fashion blog Philadelphia Venice California

We walked back along Main Street, which is filled with colorful boutiques, shops selling local artisans' work, natural food markets and various eateries. The atmosphere of Venice/Santa Monica is so different from most cities I'm familiar with; if anything, the streets, plants and weather are vaguely reminiscent of my brief stay in Barcelona. But seeing such a popular place - on a Tuesday night, no less - is not something I'm used to. Philly has its own merits, but I fell in love with the little bit of Los Angeles I did see.

xox Catherine
Follow Silhouette Girl

2 comments:

  1. Love it, California looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is super adorable and I'm loving the beachy setting too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my blog, it always puts a smile on my face!