Saturday, January 29, 2011
Just pulled a homemade pizza out of the oven - loaded with veggies because vegan cheese is damn expensive. I'll probably experiment with a different crust recipe, and perhaps try to make sauce myself, but for a half hour prep, I won't complain. If a pizzeria has vegan pizza (or if any restaurants have edible vegan food), I'm not one to complain, but I've moved away from basic alternatives in favor of "real" food.
Last night I made super-simple-but-super-delicious yaki udon and it's probably going to be my new go-to recipe. I'm rather surprised at myself for preparing food three days in a row... Thursday I baked yet another apple pie (and brought it to a friend's house, where we also made pizza), yesterday I made noodles, and now pizza. It's been some time that I've been motivated to make food... now I'm hoping a more permanent source of inspiration for my art will come about.
In other news, Erin from Spreading the Sunshine tagged me in a post! So with this award, I get to write seven things about myself!
1. I love exploring cities, but nothing makes me feel more free than situating myself in nature, such as a field, woods, or the beach. I suppose I'm not really the nature-freak type, but such adventures make me feel in tune with myself.
2. It's been almost two years since I've been fully vegan, and it's forced me to get creative with cooking. Ironically, prior to the switch, I was a terrible cook... I'd started several fires in my kitchen and burnt almost anything from a store-bought mix.
3. I doubt myself, and I'm terribly self-critical.
4. I'm borderline obsessed with my pets - Sadie the ginger dog, and Ashley, my pretty kitty. I have no idea what I want to do in the future or where I might end up, but I'm nearly certain I will be a crazy cat lady.
5. I am a self-proclaimed nerd. Big time. Instead of playing video games or burying myself in comic books, I write. A lot. I thoroughly enjoy writing essays about current events or other issues.
6. Dealing with my depression and anxiety has been rather difficult. I suppose it seems common for a teenage girl to be self-absorbed and seem to inflict problems upon herself, but that isn't the case. I despise the stigma associated with mental illnesses.
7. I am terribly sarcastic.
I tag... you!