Tuesday, June 1, 2010

An Expedition?

Silhouette Girl style blog Philadelphia
Silhouette Girl style blog Philadelphia
Top - Victoria's Secret, necklace - made by me, bracelet - grandma's, skirt - Retrospect, shoes - Sweet Life by Dolce Vita

I'm going to tell you something that is generally not the opinion among fashion/style blogs - I despise shopping. I hate trying items on, I hate florescent lights, I hate when the sales girl stares me down while I'm wearing sneakers. Chain stores are too generic, but most boutiques I've been in tend to be a little snobby and uninviting.

Silhouette Girl style blog Philadelphia
Silhouette Girl style blog Philadelphia

Anyway, I went to a semi-nearby town today, only to discover shopping can be fun. It's a quirky little college town, but I wasn't expecting much when my sister asked me to accompany her. Through this outing, I encountered two shops in particular that I'm still thinking about - Green Eyed Lady and Malena's Vintage. The first is a cute mix of vintage accessories with some new clothing items, while the latter wasn't even spotted at first. However, I met some pretty 1950's dresses that made me swoon - and they weren't super expensive! Granted, I have no income, but I could deposit my tax return check... basically, I fell in love.

I love browsing little shops in the city, but items are overpriced and the selections tend to be pretty monotonous. Basically, don't be surprised if I show up on here wearing a pretty little 50's dress.

Silhouette Girl style blog Philadelphia

Oh, and I've made another pendant. This time I used nut beads - the color is more magenta in real life. While in town, I also came across a bead store... so yeah, don't be surprised by what may ensue.

That is all, hope you're well, xox Catherine

PS I'd like to thank you all - I've reached 100+ followers! Expect a little surprise (or maybe more than one) in the near future ;)

7 comments:

  1. i loooove that ouftit! the colour of the top is really sweet and the print on the bottom doesnt look like a grandma's skirt at all!
    youve got a new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about stores, thats why I thrift! Much nicer sales people and way better made clothes! Looooove your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome skirt! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. thisi s ag ortgeous look . i lvoe the snadals and the necklace and the skirt is so cute as well . so well styled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your outfit is super cute! I love to shop...but NOT in stores, online shopping is my favorite. I know what you mean about the snobby people and the lights can be killer plus, waiting in line to try stuff on can be a pain too:/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the best accessories! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these city pictures! they (and you) came out great! i love seeing pictures of other cities. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my blog, it always puts a smile on my face!