Monday, March 26, 2012

Joyeux anniversaire à moi

Silhouette Girl personal style college fashion blog Philadelphia
Jacket - Urban Outfitters, top - Monki, belt - vintage, bag - Aldo, jeans - Madewell, shoes - Rachel Comey

My birthday was swell - my second class of the day was cancelled which allowed time for a proper nap, I saw most of my friends here, and I went to Chestnut Hill for dinner with my family. Most birthdays end up entirely underwhelming for whichever reasons, but this one was quite relaxing, low key, and nice. Of course, nineteen is a relatively insignificant age, but it is the last year of being a teenager - which is very odd.

Silhouette Girl personal style college fashion blog Philadelphia

This outfit is simple but made me feel (very) vaguely Parisian, if only for the marine stripes on my shirt. I've always admired the casual elegance that they possess - it's what I generally try to aim for, but achieving that is far more difficult. I miss Europe, sometimes.

Silhouette Girl personal style college fashion blog Philadelphia
Silhouette Girl personal style college fashion blog Philadelphia

Only thing that hindered me from enjoying my day to the maximum capacity: weather! I guess not everyday in March can be above 70F and sunny... C'est la vie.

xox Catherine

Follow Silhouette Girl

2 comments:

  1. I like how simple and cool this outfit is. I'm loving your jacket with the striped top.
    And yes, 19 is sort of an underwhelming age, but that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (late) Birthday!
    Also, love the outfit. You're right, it's very Parisian. Are those shoes comfortable? I've been looking for a pair and sometimes it's tricky to wear a wooden sole comfortably.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my blog, it always puts a smile on my face!