Saturday, September 3, 2011

London: Part One of very many

Silhouette Girl personal style fashion blog London

Not a week has passed since I arrived in London, but it feels like I've been here for so much longer. Perhaps it's because I've been rushing around, essentially nonstop, over the past few days. This weekend has provided me some downtime to sleep in, and explore without any agenda. I headed to Camden Market with a few flatmates, stumbled upon a vegan cafe called inSpiral, lost the group, and took the tube to Oxford Street just as shops were closing for the evening.

Aside from constant occupation, my mind has been in a different place as well - home. So many sights and sounds remind me of someone, something from home. I saw a girl with hair similar to my friend Tracey's in a store today, so I became excited until it clicked that it was not her.

I will not lie - I am homesick. Being in a huge city with no true friends is tough. Instead of mingling with flatmates at night, I've been either curled up in my bed or on Skype with my mom or sister.

I know this feeling will lessen during the upcoming weeks, as I meet more people, become better acquainted with the city, and start classes.

I obviously have not done an outfit post in some time, partially due to stress and partially due to a lack of tripod/person-free place to go or someone to take photos. I haven't really taken my camera out much yet, but I expect to tomorrow post-farmers' market browsing.

I hope all is well in your lives, and that your summer is ending on a good note.

xox Catherine

PS Sorting through 850+ posts on my feed is no easy task, but I am confident that the Weekly Favorites feature will return tomorrow.

Follow Silhouette Girl

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so jealous! I wish I could be in London more than anything, I hope your whole trip is just lovely!

    Kaylee
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my best friends just got back from a trip, and from what she's told me i just need to go!

    hiimsaratee.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/#!/_saratee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my blog, it always puts a smile on my face!