Saturday, June 4, 2011

6.1

Silhouette Girl style fashion blog Philadelphia
Necklace - thrifted, dress - Leifsdottir via Neiman Marcus Last Call, bracelet - gift via Saudi Arabia, shoes - Aldo

I wore this on Wednesday... also an incredibly hot, sticky, humid day. I made a much wiser choice in wearing this simple dress. It's lightweight and doesn't require much adjusting. Perfect for such days! I've found a new love in outlet shopping... last weekend I ventured over to a center with a Last Call store (which had a fabulous 30% off everything sale in honor of Memorial Day) where I found this cool dress in the clearance section for a mere $30 (originally $150+, score!).

Since then, I went to another outlet mall featuring a Last Call store and Saks Off Fifth, the latter at which I encountered a pair of fall 2010 Alexander Wang mules in my size for $120. Seriously. And a pricier pair of lucite spring 2010 Prada heels... sadly not the chandelier version, but wickedly cool nonetheless.

Silhouette Girl style fashion blog Philadelphia
Silhouette Girl style fashion blog Philadelphia

I ended up changing into my swimsuit shortly after I arrived home so I could go swimming with some friends. It's not officially summer yet, say the calendar and my last few high school events, but it already feels like it. And I enjoy that.

The forecast called for rain, and it became a little cloudy and windy, but then sunny again. Hurrah.

Silhouette Girl style fashion blog Philadelphia
Silhouette Girl style fashion blog Philadelphia

On a slightly different note, I'm reconsidering opening a blog shop (skirts, tops, dresses, shoes, and perhaps some jewelry!)... though I'm curious if anyone will actually take interest. I suppose I can photograph a few items and see what happens!

xox Catherine

Follow Silhouette Girl

3 comments:

  1. Well, I know for a fact that you have great clothes! Since I started following your blog, I've seen you wear incredible outfit, so who knows? It might work out! Also, what a great deal! And the dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh very elegant dress! and go ahead, you've got nothing to lose with the shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the color of your dress looks gorgeous on you...! totally beautiful outfit.

    you should definitely open a blog shop! have a great sunday... :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my blog, it always puts a smile on my face!