Saturday, May 21, 2011

Last Day

Silhouette Girl style fashion blog Philadelphia
Jewelry - antique, cardigan - sister's, dress - Billabong, shoes - Aldo

So, I did it. I have to complete my internship, but I'm done classes at high school. Forever. For years I thought this day would never come, but alas, it has, and I even shed many tears. Yeah, me, the girl who tried to remain indifferent to everything, the girl who tried to conceal all emotions while in school. I hugged friends and teachers and went on my merry way.

Silhouette Girl style fashion blog Philadelphia
Silhouette Girl style fashion blog Philadelphia

By now (post-nap and having to lug all of my stuff home) I'm kind of over the whole sentimental part of leaving high school. I mean, for now, anyway. I'll probably have the same song session and cry-fest the night before I graduate. Looking forward to that, of course.

Silhouette Girl style fashion blog Philadelphia
Silhouette Girl style fashion blog Philadelphia

I'm in the market for a new pair of sandals. Actually, two pairs of sandals, if I count shoes I'll need for prom.

I hope you all have a nice weekend!

xox Catherine

Follow Silhouette Girl

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's done for you! Good luck with your internship :] I will probably have a cry fest too even tho I don't like to do that sorta thing at school :P I can't wait to see what you wear for prom! And you find the coolest sandals that look comfortable too; I need that skill.

    I love the purple dress with the lavender hair! It gives your look that extra oomph. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the shoes. I thought I wouldn't give a damn when I graduated, but I did. I was a bit like you through those years and honestly just went day by day slogging it through. I thought I was quite a nobody, only to find out later I was quite popular (nobody could tell me this while I was still there?) and had a reputation as a bad-ass (come on, I gave ONE kid a concussion. But he was a pro wrestler's kid, so I guess that was cooler). At any rate, leaving HS is hard but so very nice. University rocks, provided you are studying what you love, and, after that, you are the very best at what you do. Every step gets you ready for the next and every step is a little bit easier than the last. So enjoy it. And enjoy your youth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress! And congratulations on finishing high school! The best is yet to come, I can assure you that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for graduation! Congrats! Believe me, life after high school is soooooooooooo much better...there's lots of fun stuff up the road. You look so cute by the way, do you have purple on the tips of your hair??? I like it whatever that is, maybe its just the sun!?! Anyway, thanks for commenting on my blog giveaway, I know you're a busy girl so its cool that you took the time to stop by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my blog, it always puts a smile on my face!