Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Talk is cheap, and it doesn't mean much.

Silhouette Girl style blog Philadelphia
Cardigan - H&M, necklace - antique, tshirt - Pacsun, skirt - Forever 21, boots - Doc Martens

I wore this last Friday, for which I feel like a bad blogger because it's taken me so long to upload these. I begged my sister to come to a park with me so I could take photos with a borrowed school camera - so anxious to develop them! We learn how next week, so until then... cue false-suspenseful/bad-horror-movie music.

I suppose this is still a little more dressed up than what I might have worn two years ago, but I'm not totally impressed. Perhaps this is a reflection of my current attitude and insecurities regarding multiple aspects of daily life.

Silhouette Girl style blog Philadelphia
Silhouette Girl style blog Philadelphia

I was supposed to visit a college over the weekend, but due to a few unforeseen circumstances, it didn't happen. It would have been my first portfolio review! Crazy. So instead, I'm going to an open house at my sister's school this weekend, which entails a review. Gulp. And in a couple weeks, National Portfolio Day hits Philadelphia. Gulp.

Silhouette Girl style blog Philadelphia
Silhouette Girl style blog Philadelphia

Isn't that tree crazy? I love the interesting oddities you can find in nature.

xox Catherine

PS I've been hired for a, er, late seasonal Halloween store job. I'm hoping to boost my savings account and keep it at a happy level. But of course, I want shoes.

6 comments:

  1. red looks so nice on you! what school is the portfolio interview with? my good friend does reviews for uarts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pics look great girl! i hope college apps are goin well! :) i'm sure you have a fabulous portfolio. :)and that halloween store job sounds super fun! i've always wanted a seasonal job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photoshoot is so adorable! And sorta spooky... hehe. Love the pop of red of your outfit!

    xo
    Sands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that tree is very interesting! Your outfit is amazing as always! I love your blog and coming to see what outfits you come up with! I truly admire your style!!

    http://simplysunstar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. shoes! of course! I work for that too :P! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of you and your sister!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my blog, it always puts a smile on my face!