Monday, February 22, 2010

F/W RTW 2011... and not that.

As you all know, I don't like winter. As much as I enjoy clothes, I find it so much easier to get into spring/summer collections vs. their cold weather counterparts.

So in this post, I'll go backwards - all the way back to...

3.1 Phillip Lim, Resort 2009


I saw this dress before I was interested in style/fashion to the extent I am now, but I think it's perfect. Yes, it's from a long while ago. But I'm trying to get in the mood for spring...

so, some from 3.1 Phillip Lim, Resort 2010


Yes, I'm late. But I want to be outfitted like this all spring. Especially the look all the way to the right. I think a DIY of some sort might be in order.

Now, shall I get to what's new and exciting?...



Rodarte F/W 2011 RTW

I love that these are uplifting and not traditionally "fall." Usually fall=plaid, wool, etc. But it's still not quite spring. I'm feeling this. Rodarte is always a bit out there for my taste - usually I keep it simple. But these colors are magnificent, inspiring, etc.



Charlotte Ronson F/W 2011 RTW

More fall florals. This is tolerable, and doesn't make me totally hate the concept of fall, but it's not necessarily innovative. But that brings me to something I frequently wonder - why must everything push boundaries? Sometimes it's nice to settle into one spot and work it.

All images from Style.com

So I've just done what fashion bloggers all over the world have done - give their insight on the latest collections. I suppose I'm just thinking about everything on from a very personal standpoint, which is what I've been doing with everything lately.

xox Catherine

PS More later?

1 comment:

  1. That green dress is so sweet, definitely a timeless piece you can always pull out come warm weather!

    xoxo,
    S-C

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment my blog, it always puts a smile on my face!